Friday, October 28, 2011

Calendars and Such

I stopped in this morning at Dromgoole's in Rice Village for my yearly visit.  Why only yearly?  Well, I hope that I am not revealing too much about myself when I say that I love office supplies and it is best to limit my exposure to them for obvious checkbook related reasons.  I especially love good office supplies.  I also get huge happiness out of new notebooks and the fact that office supply stores are open ridiculously early.  So I went this morning to purchase my paper calendar refill - yes, paper.  I live in the frustrated university world - cuaght somewhere between Microsoft Outlook and the dreaded paper calendar.  I have both, but alas, no exchange server to render the paper calendar obsolete.  And don't forget the multiplication of this calendar drama - the family calendar on the fridge and the completely seperate calendar of my "old soul" of a husband that still uses paper.  Just remembering to purchase three paper calendars is enough to drive any sane girl to the office supply store with a strong longing for at least a pretty paper calendar.  Mine is lime green leather, small enough to fit in my huge purse (which isnt saying much) and only accepts pencil.  Now I sit at my desk transcribing back and forth from paper to electronic and back again only to do the same when I arrive home tonight with both the fridge calendar and the hubby's calendar.  It is a miracle I have not scheduled myself to be in Canada and California at the same time!  P.S. I did manage to sneek a small purchase in along with my calendar refill (it is only fair since the purchase alone was torturous enough) two small moleskine volant "legnedary" notebooks in two sahdes of pink.  Just the idea of the blank pages is thrilling. . . too bad they will probably only see phone numbers and grocery lists - but at least they are pretty.   

No comments:

Post a Comment