Saturday, July 13, 2013

It's been a good week for scrapping . . .

For some reason, I have been cranking through projects recently.  The hubby was studying for the Junior Captain's test for the Fire Department which left me on my own, how sad . . . not really.

So here are a few completed projects - most of the product is from my lovely Cocoa Daisy kits since I rarely drive the 45 mins to the scrapbook store - how sad is it that I live in the 4th largest city in the US and still no close store?  Oh well, probably good for the budget.


This is is a layout using some old October Afternoon paper from the Rocket Boy collection and then two new sheets from Elle's Studio along with a journaling spot from Dear Lizzy's Lucky Charm that happened to match perfectly.  The mask was a little gift from the hospital as a way for the kids to celebrate Halloween.  I made my own diagonal lines on the bottom left with scraps of paper so the hospital bracelet would show up a little more.  


Don't you love that Elle's studio paper? In some ways it was hard to use cause of the horizontal elements - but these three photos worked after I trimmed them down from 4 x 6.  Arrow paper is Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm, pink is the b-side of the October Afternoon butterfly paper and the yellow paper is an old scrap of Lily Bee.


Had fun with the doilies and sequins that were in my last kit - misted the doilies with Heidi Swapp gold lame mist.  Letter stickers are from the Lucky Charm sticker sheet and the 2 is from the Crate Paper The Pier embellishment pack.


Also misted the wood veneer - that was messy - but it turned out well after I blotted it with a paper towel to tone down the color a bit.  Arrow is also Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm.


This page screams summer!  I love the colors. I cut the top off of this Elle's studio sheet and then added a bunch of embellishments - Studio Calico Sticker, KI Memories Stickers, and some more Elle's Studio.  A little washi, pop dots and some yellow Jillibean stickers and I was done.


More of the same on the bottom right to balance it out. Tiny grey strip pf paper is from Basic Gray's hispter line. I was trying to find something to "match" the gray and white strip across the top. Hope it works.  


Have a great weekend.  We are watching movies and eating junk food today - ssshhhhhh!  Don't tell anyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment