Thursday, October 17, 2019

When’s Octover? I’m ready for November!

October is always a full month for me and this year is no exception. Two weekends out of town and a myriad of activities so far and it’s only the 16th. Whew - just need to hang on a little longer through two scout meetings, the school fair and Halloween and not to mention what feels like an activity every singe evening.  In the craft room, the tables I put up are still full from my kit sorting and I’m determined not to let all of that work go to waste - so they are patiently waiting for November or a free night when I actually have the energy to do something other than crash on the couch. But hey, how would we appreciate Thanksgiving without a crazy October. Here’s a few pages to tide you over.

This one was made quite a while ago in answer to a challenge to use a song title.  This was Elsie's last school dance performance - the fifth grade sword dance.  And while she performs this dance regularly now for competitions, this was the last time she ever danced with her class. It was a cool moment and the end of an era.  So happy to have that moment captured.  This reminds me of why I still love my "big" camera.  You just can;t get shots like this with the iphone from as far away as I was sitting. 


Another one of Elsie - presentation for school created with a single photo I was emailed from the teacher.  Love that I got a peek into her day.  I added more embellishments that usual to this page and it's kinda making me happy.  I am usually a simple is better girl, but it was such fun to just keep adding.  Besides, I finally used that Hambly owl I had been hoarding for ages.  Ya! 


When your girlfriend convinces you to do something silly - you get a page about The Donut Dash.  I tried to capture the sugar sweet fun of this day with the paper and embellishments. The grid pattern design was from a sketch that was online.  Need to remember that some of my happiest pages come from challenges and random prompts from people I follow. 


So that's it for now.  Hope you enjoyed these pages.  I am going to grab some sketches and look for a challenge or two to have in my pocket for the next time I have a little time to craft.  What are you working on next? 

No comments:

Post a Comment