Saturday, March 29, 2014

March Cocoa Daisy Kit Continued . . .

So here are the next three layouts that I've made from the March Cocoa Daisy Kit - that makes 6 total so far.  I think I have three more on the way - a 2 page spread and another 1 pager.  We shall see what I have time to do.


 These photos have been hanging around for ages and I am thrilled to have them scrapped and the story told.  Only wish I had a photo of the doorbell from Grandmother and Granddaddy's house, but these pics are priceless and can totally stand on their own.  So thankful my mom was a camera fan.


Another "older" picture - this one from when Elsie and Wyatt was younger.  It is just one picture from a random walk one Sunday afternoon, but I love that they are holding hands - it feels symbolic to me and for some reason it felt like the right picture to write this note to them.


Was glad to pull away from the green for a little here at the end.  I love blues and greens, but I'm a sucker for reds, oranges, pinks and warmer stuff.  And yes, I used that tiny scrap of gold vellum from last month's kit I had saved.


This page is basically every last scrap of patterned paper that I could find all piled up to frame this great shot from my recent trip.  I also finished up the Jenni Bowlin triangles, used a sheet of the Studio Calico acetate, the other light bulb and the letterpress card.  I sometimes have a hard time using up the embellishments that are out of my normal style but I am working hard to push myself to try new things!


And finally, 2-pager about my trip to San Antonio to finish up the final pieces that were left over from the E &W page. I basically used the leftovers and taped them down with washi and filled in the spaces. It came together quickly and I like the results.  I did have to use two pieces of cardstock from my stash to make this layout happen - so I cheated a little on the kit, but not much.


The left side


 The right side included lots of journaling, but it tells the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment