Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday - I can say it was a good week

It is Friday - late Friday afternoon and I can honestly say - what a good week!  I am on track with goals and a few other things so I am pretty happy.  I hear the faint call of happy hour in the background, wait, you here it too?  Oh, good!  I'm not crazy. . .

I have too much stacked on my desk and a prospect list a mile long with nothing exciting in it.  But I have a plan for the weekend and it involves a date night tonight (oh yes, my planner friends, it pays to have a calendar with crap like this already on it.  I even have the menu from the restaurant printed out with my picks - hey, it is a tapas restaurant - there are lots of choices), time at home with my little people, and maybe even some time doing a project or two on my list (oh yeah, the Christmas decorations, ugh). 

A recap of the day:

I got a good cup of coffee - a latte to be exact.  It was like heaven in a cup.  You know, I LOVE coffee, but what I truly love about it, isn't the drink itself, it is the time I spend enjoying it.  I used to guzzle a venti soy latte in 15 minutes flat.  Now, I skip the soy and just enjoy the flavor of that yummy warm goodness taking a few minutes to think and prepare for the day.  My DH does not understand my love of coffee.  I think what he is missing in the equation (ugh, I just used a math word) is the time I somehow manage to take when my hands are full and my mouth is shut.  Sigh - happy thoughts. 

Today, I was made fun of for bringing my lunch to a meeting when everyone else was eating from a massive buffet.  I have to admit, it looked really good, but I ate my insanely good tuna with cranberries from Whole Foods with my crackers and grapes and I am still perfectly full - not stuffed and tired like I would be if I had eaten the buffet.  Plus - I get dessert at dinner at the yummy tapas place, well worth it in my book. Double happy. 

A little more:

I made another LO last night and posted to Two Peas in a Bucket - so happy that I am doing this, even if no one notices or comments, this is about my goal to do something for me.  The page was about me - which is a rarity.  Another happy thought.  Here's the LO for you:

No comments:

Post a Comment