Sunday, March 10, 2013

Project Life Week 4

I have had all of these ready to go for ages, but it's always dark when I have time so I have been unable to get any good photos till today.  Thanks goodness for Sunday afternoons with sunshine and clouds.  Anyway, here is week 4.

Here's the left side.  Still sticking with the simple week card - same format for the whole book - this really seems to help cut down the time it takes me to get started.  The "4" is from the blossom alpha on the Quickutz (Now Lifestyle Crafts) on my Revolution die cut machine. It's retired so I can't post a link, sorry, but it is one of my all time favorites.    

And the right side . . .


Lots of Simple Stories SN@P supplies this week - most of all these came from my Cocoa Daisy Kits (as usual).  And now for a few close ups.  I really like these on other folks blogs so I decided to give it a whirl here.


The "today" card is cut straight for a Simple Stories sheet. I added some washi tape from My Mind's Eye "The Sweetest Thing" collection.  The igloo letters are from Jillibean Soup.  The igloo was in Wyatt's class at school - made from a table turned on its end and dry eraser ice blocks.  So cute!


More Simple Stories stickers and paper.  The orange paper and the blue paper above are from Heidi Swapp's "No Limits" line.  

I actually used my computer to type journaling this week.  Not sure if I will do that again.  It was a pain, but I do like that I can fit a lot of words on one card.


We had a surprise date day on MLK day and this card tells the story about letting go and being spontaneous.  Wanted to preserve that memory since it doesn't happen very often.


The picture is an original by Wyatt.  He was drawing pictures so I asked if he would draw one for our book and he agreed - so cute.  Love his image of our family.  Unusually warm weather - even for Houston.  Wanted to include a phone image anyway.  They are so "today" and I am sure will be fun to look back on years from now.


Had to capture this one - more simple stories stickers and Jillibean letters.  We were playing UNO and Wyatt was having such a hard time handling his cards - we grabbed the chip clip and it helped a lot!  We have been playing a lot of games as a family recently - trying to appreciate the learning to loose thing - it's really hard some days for them, especially Wyatt.

So that's it.  The week is done.  I am not really using a core kit this year, relying more on my supplies and the Cocoa Daisy kits that come each month.  I kind of like the mismatched feel of the pages as you turn them and that each week is coordinated unto itself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment