Sunday, March 17, 2013

Project Life Week 5

And on to Week 5!

I have had this paper from Scenic Route for, well, forever!  I have always loved it and was super excited to use the bits and pieces I had left over for a new project.  Love the oranges and greens, sadly the company no longer exists . . . 







So now for some close ups.

I used a journaling card from the Clementine Core kit that I got last year.  The color matched perfectly and I like including these "The Week" cards to capture what happened in an overview sort of way.  The card on the right is the shower invite that I cut to fit the pocket - honestly, it was just too cute to toss.

Some washi and a die cut from the Scenic Route collection and I was done with this photo.  It just needed a little something to brighten it up.


I still laugh when I look at this picture.  That cauliflower was freaking huge!  Arrow, paper and "a typical day" all from that same SR collection.  I think Scenic Route was ahead of their times with this one - it feels like it was designed for Project Life.


Love the quotes that Project Life helps me capture.  This card displays two funny things Elsie and Wyatt said this week.  I always think I will never forget the cute things they say, until the next week and I have no clue.


So Elsie had to go to the Dr. this week due to some constant tummy trouble.  She is fine, but we got to take an x-ray and have an entertaining conversation with Dr. Cook.  Journaling card from Studio Calico, letter stickers are from October Afternoon and Lilybee Designs.


Any week that involves new shoes is a good week in my book.  These babies were an uncanny perfect match to a dress I had but had never worn due to the lack of proper footwear.  Yeah! for amazing shoe deals at DSW!  Letter stickers are October Afternoon mini market.


Yummy bottle of wine we got at the gala and a fun card from Jillibean Soup - just added a touch of washi to keep things feeling cohesive.  


Dreaming of a new truck . . .  after I wrecked my ten year old baby this past summer due to a really dumb driver who decided to turn left from the right lane of a one way street, good times.  Oh well, a girl can dream.  Thanks to the hubs for getting a photo of ME to include in Project Life!


We tried some new pasta this week - that packaging was too cute not to capture.  And I am now completely addicted to the Paperclipping Roundtable (PRT) so I took a screen shot of that while I was listening.  Noell and Izzy are awesome and do such a good job each week.  Wish I had time to comment more on the blog!

So that's the week.  Really need to get back to some actual layouts.  All I have been able to accomplish these last few weeks is Project Life, life and work.  But I am off to scrapbook retreat!!!  I have a feeling I will get back on track over those three and a half days!  Yippee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment