Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Stash Bash @ Simple Scrapper

I finally did it!  I signed up for a class with Simple Scrapper (and just cause it was "free" I also added the membership for three months to try it out).  It just so happened that for the first time ever both my kiddos would be away for two whole nights exactly when the class was going to run.  I just took it as a sign that the scrapbook gods were trying to tell me something and I went for it.

Man, was it fun!  

The community at Simple Scrapper is lovely, and supportive and positive and really interested in getting somethings done. There is a private Facebook page for the class so the space feel really safe and in that safe space there was a lot of sharing - and it was good!  I saw rooms transformed, shelves painted, stashes cut in half and pages made.  Super cool.  Did we whine a little? Yes.  Did we wine a little - um, yeah.  And as a result, my space looks amazing and I am so ready to scrap.  I even started an album project I have been dreading!!

I would highly recommend this class (she does it twice a year I think) to anyone who's space is - not inspiring them, a complete mess, overloaded with supplies.  It is also good if you need a swift but gentle kick in the pants to get your space under control.  

My space was pretty clean, so I was surprised that the challenges still helped me a lot.  Anyway, here is what I did as a result.


Clean space!


Even Wyatt thought it looked nice!


And now for the pages.  I am going to respect the proprietary element of the course by not telling what the challenges are, but did want to share my progress.

I stumbled into starting an album that is long overdue!!!  Here is a potential title page for my Cadette Girl Scout Troop trip in 1989.  So so so happy to get started.  It always feels so daunting till you just make one page.


And a two page spread of the first day!  Paper and embellishments are from my most recent Cocoa Daisy Kits.  Love that Crate Paper floral - but I tend to like all Crate Paper florals - I digress. . .




And a memorabilia challenge - yes, Elsie is currently 8.



These pocket pages go in between the two page spread.  A whole birthday done!







You know when you make a page with scraps and don't cut a thing - yeah - this just happened.



This had been languishing around and now it is all done.  Yeah!



Some page kits all sorted out and ready to roll.  This will help when I scrap next!



And no good stash class would be complete without using really old supplies.  Oh for the love of Sassafrass and Love, Elsie.  Sigh . . .




And an ode to my college drill team days.  The only photos I have.



This was the first page I did for the challenge.  Do you know how long I have been looking at that paper?  Yeah!


Overall, I wished that there had been a few more actual creating challenges, but I get it that the point was to clean, de-clutter and get a handle on things vs. plowing through pages and the challenges were simple enough to just keep doing them over and over since they are less specific and more a thought process, I am over that.  I am very happy I took the class and am looking forward to joining in on the member side to see what that's all about.  Did I mention that Jennifer Wilson is awesome?  She also grew up in Texas and went to Trinity University and was a Girl Scout - what a small world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment