Tuesday, September 1, 2015

CKC Houston

Angelia and I went on our annual trek up to The Woodlands to CKC (Creaking Keepsakes Convention) Houston. We always have such a good time. Here are the highlights. And yes, this might become a layout later -what's better than scrapbooking about scrapbooking - hey, don't judge me!

Ok - here's a happy sight!  An entire 18 wheeler of scrappy goodness.


We took a great class called Mixed Media Layouts


And even after all of these years of scrapping I learned a bunch of new techniques!  We used gesso, glue guns, gelatos - you name it and it was fun.


And guess who was the teacher???  Eeek - Nicole Harper.  Just as lovely in person as her scrapbooking shows. Down to earth and such a fun teacher. She even let me take a selfie! It is odd and cool all at the same time to feel like you "know" someone like this. I have followed her forever in the magazines, on the scrap blogs through her pages, and now on Instagram.  I have watched her daughter grow up in her work (and she's lovely) and then to meet her and see that she is a full time working mom (two jobs!) who makes time for this fun hobby and doesn't take herself too seriously is pretty amazing in my book.


We started doing this several years ago after I paid $8 for the worst salad ever - gourmet lunch for two in a comfy chair at the convention - complete with champagne.  It's one of the best parts about going!


Cheers y'all! Then we took another class, also taught by Nicole Harper on pocket pages.  It was great and made us think and gave me some good new ideas (which I used the next day when I finished up another week!).


And finally, here is the only layout I have made this month since I have been working on a massive Project Life catch up project.  I am happy to report I have 13 weeks left and I am caught up! BAM!



No comments:

Post a Comment