Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Workspace Wednesday - what I've been up to . . .

So today marks the last day of my thirties. Tomorrow (Lord willing) I turn 40.

Whew. Deep breaths. Ok, I'm good.

To celebrate - the hubby planned a little party this weekend. Here's a hint - think 80's birthday party.  That post will follow next week.

In the meantime - here's what I have been up to when I haven't been sorting, starring and editing nearly 1000 photos from our Greece trip - I have over 5000 (don't judge, there were a lot of cameras and people on that two week trip!).  They arrived last night and I have managed to get them sorted by date - remind me why photos can't arrive from the printer in the same order that I had them on my desktop????  Anyway, the four day retreat is next week and I am sooooooo ready.

First up - a little warm up with some older supplies I was forcing myself to use. This came together quickly. Those metal circles are finally all used up. Yeah!  I seem to be on a bit of a monochromatic theme the last month or so (more later in this post).


And back to the 1989 Girl Scout Trip to Wyoming book. Here is the progress:


Made fast work of this with the help of a pocket page and the travel collection from Shimelle.




And more from the other side of the pocket:



One of y all time fav photos. All I can say is "Jill - you rock!"


Popped these two photos on this layout that was mostly done from the mixed media class I took from Nicole Harper at CKC last month.


I had fun with this one - got to layer lots of stuff!  Here's a close up.


Yes, I cut up that pretty sheet of paper to emphasis the going, going, going, gone theme. I think it worked as I intended.  Yet again, monochromatic.  




And just for fun - a few tags with the most recent Cocoa Daisy kit stamps. I cannot take the credit - while I came up with the design, Elsie did most of the stamping.


Ok - off to see what else I can get done before I pack up for the retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment