Friday, July 31, 2020

More classwork featuring layouts of the 70's and 80's

Still loving this Shimelle sketch class - start with a sketch. As those of you who are following along know, I am doing the class at my own pace and out of order and it feels really good. Giving yourself permission to adjust or pick your own speed is such a gift. Here are my layouts for sketches #6 and #10 plus a little something of my own design.  

As I have been working on the Wyoming Trek Album (Girl Scout trip in the 80's) I have also pulled out the photo boxes from the 70's and 80's and grabbed a few photos to work with. I do love a good current project, but mixing in the older photos is so enjoyable. My kids find it hilarious and my mom and brother enjoy seeing photos from the "family archives" get a little attention.  

First up - two more layouts for the Trek Album. Both with the same sketch but they will be far enough apart in the album that it won't matter.  



I have been saving these three photos since I first saw sketch #10. I am also pleased to say that I used an entire sheet of Jenni Bowlin Studio red border stickers on this layout. Talk about satisfying! Currently, struggling with what to do with the creme and brown letter stickers that won't stay stuck down. Gotta fix that before I get this page in the album. 


Here are four random photos my mother took one evening. Such a sweet window into our life. It reminds me of my time when my kiddos were little. Love that you can see the pack n play and the baby gate in the pictures plus all of the cool 70's decor.   


For this last layout, I used supplies I had gathered for the July recipe from the For the Love of Homemade Kits on Redefined Creative. It really helped me use some older supplies and things I would not have normally put together. I have been working on several pages made with the supplies from this kit. Those will post soon. I did not take a photo of the kit before I started using it - but I pulled a lot of things and have been working away. Giving myself permission to pull out other things if I need them, but have been focusing on using what is on the table. It is has been really fun and has cost me nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment