Friday, July 10, 2020

When You Get Stuck - Start Small

This whole not working and then working contracts and then having too much to do and then not enough rollercoaster has definitely hit my crafting mojo a little hard.  But I never give up, returning time and time again to this much beloved hobby. This time - I just started with some cards and I even got my daughter to help. We had a super fun day making more than 40 cards together. I got all of the ideas off of Splitcoast Stampers. When I'm stuck like this, sketches, copying something or a recipe always get me going. I am not making proceeds from these cards, just making them to mail to family and friends - so I simply copied some pretty cards I found online. So thankful to the amazing crafty people out there for the inspiration. Most of the supplies are from Stamping' Up and the rest are just from my stash.   

Here is our collection of pretty cards, several of which have already been mailed off. We even made some Fourth of July cards to send to folks just because. Sometimes, doing something for someone else is just what you need to do to get going again.  

 
I think we will do another session soon.  Elsie really enjoyed it and was really creative with which designs we picked and even helping to modify some to make them even prettier!  The best part was spending time together and using up some of my super old supplies.  We laughed each time we found a piece of paper or an embellishment that was older than she is. Good times.  

No comments:

Post a Comment