Friday, July 17, 2020

Turning in More Homework!

Summer is here, but Sketch class is still going.  Super excited to sneak in the time to complete projects for Sketches #3, #7, & #8 - cause who says you have to do your homework in order?

Again, not showing the sketches as this is a paid class from Shimelle - Start with a Sketch.  Here are my takes.

 I was thinking that this class would be success if it got me back in the scrapping habit, but, wonder of all wonders, it got me to turn on my Silhouette, download the software onto my current laptop, find a design, upload the gift card I have had FOREVER and actually cut and use a file!  Y'all, this is a serious win and a great reminder to take a class, try a sketch or something that will push you in some way.  I used a piece of equipment that I have had for years and just not in the habit of using and I am SO glad I did cause I am super happy with this page. Backing the images was a pain but I did see a recent layout without any backing and I may try that next time.  I also finally used those cute little embroidered boots that a coworker gave me about two years ago.


This is the ultimate use up random scraps pages design and it totally works.  It is busy but so is watching football - hahaha. The badges are from several old Cocoa Daisy Kits and somehow seemed to be the perfect color match. I think I am going to repeat this idea on the horizontal soon.  I save most of my scraps in a magazine holder so I have no shortage of small scraps for this type of design.  We shall see - as my Momma always says.   


This page took me a lot longer to complete that I had thought - mainly because I hemmed and hawed about the paper for a long time.  The photos were taken in the evening inside of a BBQ tent at Rodeo and they have a bluish quality.  I tried and tried to match or complement it with no luck.  It finally came together when I gave up on that idea upon seeing a stray package of an old Cosmo Cricket kit on my table that was on theme.  It's a bit "themey" and I am ok with that because it's not something I do all of the time and it is done.  And sometimes done is better than perfect.  Besides, when else am I going to get to put a horseshoe, stars and not one but two rodeo cowboys on a layout?  


Off to work on Sketches #6 and #10. A few layouts for the Wyoming Trek Album should be coming up soon plus some wonderful ole 80's photos of my Papa John and Uncle Brown. Bet they never thought they would be on a fancy scrapbook page, much less a blog!  

No comments:

Post a Comment