Thursday, April 17, 2014

April Cocoa Daisy Kit Progress - Two Page Bonanza!

Nearly all the pages I have made to date from the April 2014 Cocoa Daisy kit are two page layouts.  Seems crazy to think that I used to make two page layouts exclusively!  

First up - Wind in My Hair - which is a layout using a crazy selfie I took in the car on the way home the other day right when the weather started to change.  Used only items from the kit.  I curved the line of heart stamps to create the border along the bottom.  



Now for my two page bonanza - I had a stack of photos from a trip we took to our "farm" a couple of years back that I hadn't tackled yet.  When the April kit arrived full of greens and blues and yellows, it just seemed to work so I grabbed some kraft cardstock for the background and went to town. 






I struggle with using the 4 x 6 cards that are portrait since I use design A project life pages that only use landscape 4 x 6 spots.  Was glad to find a spot for this cute card.  I am pushing myself to use the stamps more in the kits so I pulled them out and added some arrows with some green Stampin Up ink in gumball green.  I used the scraps of the paper to make the sun shapes which were inspired by the design on the card.





I scrap lifted myself from the earlier East Tx fun page to keep these feeling like part of a larger whole.  They were different enough to be interesting to make and yet the same.  Finally used those sparkly blue dots from an earlier kit.  Pulled out some scarps from my scrapbox to finish it up since I was running out of scraps from the kit.



Ok - I have three sheets of cardstock (I used kraft from my stash as my base for three of these) and three sheets of patterned paper left.  We will see what else I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment