Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Catching Up with Sketches

It all started with the March Sketch  on the Cocoa Daisy  blog.  I am a little behind on using it cause I just couldn't get three photos together.  Then I reminded myself that you can adapt a sketch - yes, a light bulb moment apparently.  Sometimes we create our own restrictions with kits and sketches thinking we have to stay within the guidelines and we need reminding that we can push those boundaries.  So here is the sketch:

I made this page using the January Kit which still had several pages of patterned paper left since I had only used a little of it for some Project Life spreads.  I replaced the third photo with a tag and nearly forgot to add the circle element.  I'm not usually one to go with one or two color layouts - but I like the way this turned out with the black and white photos as the centerpiece.  The journaling comes from a shirt I saw that said "all I want to do is drink wine, sleep and make stuff." 



For your reference - here is the January Cocoa Daisy kit. I used some Heidi Swapp chipboard for the arrow, hearts and the Happy in the title and a Fancy Pants sticker above the tag. The letters and dots are American Crafts thickers by Amy Tangerine. the heard brads are ancient from my stash and the circle was made tracing a vintage plate (I'm high tech you know. . . ).  

January 2014 kit "Blueprint"



No comments:

Post a Comment