Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Scrap Therapy

So I got some crappy news yesterday. Always makes me want to go hide somewhere, but instead I headed to my table with a kiss and a freshly poured glass of beer from my understanding husband. I finished this one - 

I had fun forcing myself to use gold and lots of bits and pieces. Funny that my husband was talking to me when I glued it down and he commented - you are covering up all of the words on that pink paper (it is Cocoa Daisy exclusive paper that says something "we all have a story to tell whether we whisper or yell" ) I told him I only wanted the color - if he only knew how long it has taken me to overcome my fear of cutting up paper!

So then I debated on what to do next.  I got two pictures out of the stack from a random pool party that I had attended in college with my old neighbors and the kids I used to babysit.  Working title is "Wait . . . I'm Not That Old - Am I?"  Gonna tell the story about babysitting them and watching them grow up over time. We still keep in touch - pretty cool. So I have it pieced together - forgot to take a picture. Hoping to finish it this week - not tonight - there are cupcakes to bake for a certain almost 8 year old. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment