Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Yeah, the 90's Were Kinda Awesome

So, I have decided to do a bit of a throw back month, or stint, I'm not sure what to call it.  I guess the combo of all of my physical photos being sorted by decade and me missing my daddy and granddaddy and grandmother this month, I dug out the 90's box and started sorting and found myself with some great high school prom and a complete set of college photos with which to play.  

So here it goes on what I have done so far. Most everything is from my three Cocoa Daisy kits that are sitting out (yes, three - I got swamped and had no time to play for a bit so they piled up - but I love it - they always mix and match so well) and then I have pulled in some items from my stash to round out things for color and theme.  

"Wait . . . I'm not that old am I?" - I loved this floral paper and wanted it on display on this page.  The yellow card from the cut apart sheet worked perfectly and I threw in some gold washi and gold hearts from earlier kits.  


Here is one of my desk with a two pager in progress.  I use the Mercy Tiara waxed paper trick (coolest scrapbooking hack ever BTW) for checking the placement of letters or stickers on a page. The paper is actually all from my stash but the ribbon, doily and an embellishment or two came from some kits.  I wanted to emphasize the red of my dress and the starry dreamy prom night feel hence the paper inspiration.  


Here is the left side:


Used some fabric thickers I had that were blue (anyone else hate when they use two different shades in the same package?), the stars are navy Studio Calico ones and the sparkly enamel dots are from Creative Memories.  

And the right side:


The bottom photo of the layout above is blurry but I don't care - I put it in there anyway.  It is fun to see the process of my putting on the boutineer I made myself! The vellum matches that star paper - I am glad to have finally used it!

SBS (Second Baptist School) Friends - I used a pile of the ephemera package and I love the look.  I was also shocked that I could remember everyone's name! 



Such a great "party pic" from the actual dance.  Wonder if they still do party pics? Good memories. I tried something new and added a strip down each side - very out of the norm for me, but I was tired of the usual rectangles that evening.  That feather paper is such fun but I wanted the picture to be front and center.   

I finished another but forgot to photograph it.  There will be a total of six pages of prom - a little excessive?  I don't care - I am having such fun.  It feels good to tell my story.  Elsie asked me who the guy was and if I still liked him - children are so funny.  I told her, nope, your daddy is the guy for me!

And yes, I take most of my layout photos on my filing cabinet handle.  The layout stays flat and the lighting is decent.  I don't often have the luxury of photographing during the day at this seems to work! 

So three more layouts to add to this post. One is done and two more to go . . . .maybe tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment