Saturday, July 26, 2014

Anniversary Album - a recap of 10 years

(Anniversary album cover)
After posting about my "delinquent" years for my anniversary album, I got numerous questions about it so I thought I would do a full recap here. I have never shared anything from this album -no reason in particular, probably just cause I started it in 2004 which was long before I ever posted pages online.

Background - when Jarad and I got married we had nothing, I mean, really less than nothing, so an anniversary present on year #1 was kinda out of the question. I decided to make an album as my gift since I already had scrapbook supplies - and if I recall correctly, I think my mother probably purchased the album for me and the paper too. To start off, I made a title page with our new shared last name and then a page that was a year in review kind of theme. (Note: to date the entire album has used Basic Grey products.)



Brace yourself here are years 1 -7:


























I keep all of our anniversary cards in between the pages

I was about three years behind on my anniversary album and in keeping with my finishing up projects plan, I decided to just sit down and start working on picking pictures - those pages weren't going to make themselves! Then I pulled out my basic grey stash and started to work on picking out papers and setting myself up to work on these pages. I took about two weeks from start to finish since I had very little time in my scraproom - but I am happy to report the last three years are complete and in the album. Here they are:











The pictures are a little wonky as I had to retake them numerous times to get them to upload with the correct orientation in blogger. Apparently, blogger does not like photos taken from directly above which, or course, is the best way to photograph a layout!

No comments:

Post a Comment