Saturday, July 5, 2014

May and June at the same time . . .

What can I say, I am a natural multitasker - so when I completely missed working with the May kit, I decided to work on them together, cause, why not?  Here are two layouts made with the May Cocoa Daisy kit.


The patterned paper is Cocoa Daisy exclusive, the doily was from my stash and the tag is a really old My Mind's Eye piece (lovely day) that I have been trying to use forever and was finally successful.  Been trying to put the embellishments that I get with the kits on the pages - I tend to lean toward cleaner pages and have to work hard to add the little bits.  I love the look on other designers work, but struggle sometimes to make it look the way I want on my own.


I have a red problem, so this page makes me super happy plus it includes a rare pic of my mom and brother and me which is another reason for me to like this page.  Experimented with the vignette tool in Picasa and I like the way it works with the black in Howard's shirt and really pulls the focus to the three of us vs. the random background stuff.


And here is what I managed to get printed today for the next round of scrapping this evening and tomorrow.  that should add up to four projects. I am working on figuring out ways to batch things to help not feel so distracted between the scrap table and the computer.  The screen can be a black hole . . .  

I've been on the computer for a while working on two years of Girl Scout photos and mother's trip to Germany - Snapfish has a sale 25% off on orders today so I went for it.  Scout project is ordered - mother's is still in progress.

Then, back to Project Life and anticipating my July Cocoa Daisy kit by weeks end.  Too bad we are going out of town this weekend and I will miss playing with it, but I am looking forward to the time away.  Plus trips to the farm always make for great photos with which to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment