Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Getting Back to the Scraproom

Feels good to be getting back to the scraproom this week - I have been occupied with summer and work and the building opening and then was just plain tired.  I did do a complete project life binge a few weeks back - caught up on about 8 weeks in one weekend - which feels amazing!  And now I have finally given some attention to my May and June Cocoa Daisy Kits that have been just sitting on my desk for weeks.  

Here is the May Kit - love all of the red and pinks:


May 2014 kit "Here I am"

Here is the June kit which I hadn't touched till Monday night:

June 2014 Kit "Boho Garden"

So far I have been able to make three pages with May and two with June.  I have been under the weather a little with allergies and then just plain tired or lacking my mojo for crafting.  I have somehow managed to get it back and was able to create two pages both nights so far this week.  Here are the first two (need to photograph the two from last night still).  


Love the irony of the turtle stamp for this layout - no hurry! The splat stickers also worked perfectly and I had fun with the hashtag since the mudrun this year wasn't very muddy and they complained about not getting dirty enough.


I struggled some on this one with placement, but I finally just committed and gave up moving things around. It seems to have worked out ok - just need to do the journaling, but that is hard for me when the TV is on and three people are constantly trying to talk to me, so I just figured I would wait till a quieter time.  Hope that isn't next year. . . 

I don't know about you, but I feel like I make the most progress when I have photos already printed out.  I need to map out some time to print a few things and then have them waiting when the kits arrive.  I am less concerned these days with the photo actually matching the paper, but I must admit I held onto these two photos cause I new the kit coming in the mail had a lot of black accents. 

Ok - will post the other two shortly and then I have to finish up one I started a while ago which I am kind of excited about - it has one photo from the first day of school and one from the last day. Fun to see the difference.  

No comments:

Post a Comment