Friday, December 19, 2014

December Happenings

The start of December brings lots of memory making and therefore less time to scrap them.  So in lieu of a ton of pages, here's what we have been up to these days.

Christmas Concerts x 2 - Wyatt and Elsie were on different days this year - that was fun.  Elsie also had a ballet show on the same night as Wyatt.  Thank goodness my hubby knows to take pictures for me - though he did tell me that this picture with his teacher was his idea.  (Gosh, he looks so grown up in this picture.)


Our Elf on the Shelf - Peppermint - has been up to mischief and fun for weeks now! We are sad to see her leave next week - but we have had so much fun.  Here she is winning Uno.


Theater Under the Stars show #2 with mom - The Rockettes! This show made me miss being a drill team girl/director so much.


And finally, some scrapping. When the December Cocoa Daisy kit arrived, I was so excited I just had to play - I had this photo sort of planned for a completely different paper and then I saw this floral one and this page was born. This is much busier than my usual style but I kinda like the way the color combo works. This is actually the night that Jarad and I started dating.    


And then, back to the festivities of the season. We have been going to mom's house to decorate her tree for a few years now. She loves it and the kids think it is cool to get to do more than one tree.  Win - Win. It's fun to see the family history lesson happening with backdrop of twinkle lights and tinsel in the same house in which I grew up.


And the holiday fun continues - we volunteered again with our church's Bethlehem Village and live nativity. We helped in the activity area and yes, that is me dressed as a shepherdess. What? You don't think the leopard print is period appropriate?  I have to admit to laughing when they handed it to me.


Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment