Monday, January 12, 2015

Excuse me - but I don't watercolor

So maybe it is my extreme dislike of mixing creme and white based patterned paper that drove me to this, but I water colored something for a layout.  Don't get the wrong idea - I have watercolor crayons - and I use them - for stamping - on cards - not layouts.  I really loved these embellishments but I also really abhorred the idea of using the creme based patterned paper with them and since it was Jan 11 and my new Cocoa Daisy kit was not here and, and, well, its done.  Here's the process.

I started with this - white based diecuts which I was determined to "soften" a bit.  So I pulled out my Stampin' Up water color crayons and the blender and went to work to find a grey that would work.


Here's how they turned out:



And here is how they look on the layout. As you might guess I am at the end of my kit, just bits and pieces left to throw together.  And apparently, I needed to use as many fonts as possible. I think it gives it a quirky feel - which works for the layout.







































Ok, now the count down begins for the January kit to arrive. Just look how pretty it is . . .
January 2015 Kit "Pajama Time"

Here begins the slippery slope - what's next you ask? Too late I bought gesso three weeks ago - somebody stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment