Thursday, January 15, 2015

I Believe in Telling the Story

I believe in telling the stories. And so these pages have sat on my desk - un-photographed - for weeks and weeks until I had time to tell the stories.  And now here they are - a deluge of pages. Almost everything was made with my Cocoa Daisy kits (July and August mostly I think and then one from the December kit).  Confession - I have two left to do.  But the stories are really long!  Gotta get back to it!

Here they are - in no particular order:

Big dance recital for Elsie - glad she loves to dance like me!


This one is hard for me - no written story here.  My best friend Jill. Now she's gone, but at least I have this. And, you know what? If I weren't a scrapbooker, I probably wouldn't have taken these photos on my trip. Or if I did, they would just be on my phone or in my IG feed. I love looking at our last photo together.  The paper is perfect - bold and fabulous - just like her.  Man, I miss her.  


Documenting my life.  Here it is - the "packed" nature of my life.


Them - my two kiddos. Every now and then I capture a cool moment of them getting along.


The whole trip to St. Louis to see Jill in IG photos from start to finish. Love.  


The map really helps to tell the story.  I used that tiny washi tape that came in the kit.


This makes me laugh so much.  The kids posing with the old truck as we are cleaning it out to sell.


And a family tradition preserved. The Birthday Song - as I learned it at Girl Scout Camp - Peach Creek to be exact.  Oh how I wished for a summer birthday when I was a camper. But now, I share it with my kids each year on their birthdays. I hope they never forget mommy and her silly song.


So now they are all done - stories told and memories recorded.  Because it isn't just about pretty paper and cool products - it's about the stories they prompt us to tell, to keep, to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment