Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Peaks and Valleys Scrapbooking - Random Projects Complete

I am such a peaks and valleys scrapbooker. I guess if you take the duties of mom, life, wife, work, volunteer and all of those "jobs" and stack them together they tend to create a crazy roller coaster of a schedule. Sometimes I don't have the time to scrap.  Other times, I have to sit down and create or I will go a bit mad (and that is bad for everyone).   And so the blog ebbs and flows and so does the creative time.  I have been on a bit of a kit recently - for one, I have been feeling better which means I have more energy and have been more focused.  And two, I had a nice break from work with two weeks off for Christmas - heaven.  I am also looking forward to a scrap retreat in February which always pushes me to get going, clean up and map out some plans.

And so I have been doing just that.

1.    I completed 6 pages in Wyatt's baby album. Yes, he is 6. Why did it take me song long to finish them, I think his behavior has been a factor (why work on a book about someone with whom you are struggling - two stubborn mules do not a lovely pony make). But I got a wild hair and I finished them in racehorse fashion this past Sunday. I even surprised myself. It was just little bits and things that needed doing - mostly journaling - but it is done and off my table and will NOT travel untouched to another Scrapbook Retreat. Small victories! Here is the cover page that I finished simply with his name. I came across the chipboard W while cleaning and the bug hit and it was done in minutes. The procrastinator in me was furious. Ha ha – take that!



2.     And then another project sparkled in my eyes – the 2015 Project Life title page. Have I finished 2014?  No, but the inspiration struck and the entire family was home and so I asked them to put on shoes go outside and take a photo and this was the result:


I’m super happy with the results. It’s silly, but I am convinced that I am more successful when I have a title page done before I start. 


And now off to open up my new Cocoa Daisy kit that was on the counter when I got home. It is painful when it arrives and I can’t open it up and oh and ah over the paper and embellishments right away. Restraint! 

No comments:

Post a Comment